Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mini Olympics 2009

For all you non-Calvinites who check out my blog.  Mini Olympics is a Calvin event that is basically just what it sounds like.  The kids are on teams designated with a color and a country.  The teams are made up of first thru sixth graders.  The Eighth Graders run the events, the Seventh Graders are the team leaders.  They compete in all sorts of events, ending in a huge relay race!
Madison was on the grey team, which was France.  She seemed to be having more fun than this picture shows.  It was a beautiful day, unlike last year which rained!
Sophia was on the red team, which was Holland.  Here's Sophia running the relay race smiling the entire way.  She seems to take after her Dad, lucky girl.  She has much more coordination than I do.  She even got her National fitness award this year for the first time.  The only thing she didn't qualify for Presidential in was sit ups.  Sit ups have kept her from getting the award every year until this one.  Way to go Fia!
I had to stop taking photos of her, she kept stopping to smile at me!  This is her during the middle of the obstacle course!
Great action shot!  This is Sophia at the standing broad jump.  PS I love my new camera.  I was able to take six pictures during this one jump!
Sadie can never be entirely left out.  She gets a piggyback ride from Madison.
Madison's Standing broad jump.  Look at her go.  I can't believe how tall she's getting.  Look at those long legs.

1 comment:

Fia Bear said...

Your blog is grate ! Good job!!!!!!