Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day Thirty Four

This is what the entry looks like right now.  It's a little hard to see but you can see (on the right behind the drywall) that Jer has framed in the existing dining/office room doorway.  Mainly the only other thing that will change is the floor.  Which will be the same wood that will go in the rest of the remodel section.  Were also adding sconces and changing out the closet door, and the solatube.
Here is the new opening into the dining/office room.  The view is from the kitchen.  Jer has finished all the electrical in the office.  He has been working for weeks on the electrical there are a lot of changes to the existing and it is all way too complicated for me to get but he and Scott seem to be doing a great job because everything works!
This is the view of what used to be a little eating nookish area that went out to the deck and had a huge slider.  Jer has put in the framing for the new door, which should arrive next week sometime.  You can also see one of the skylight opening.  Jer has framed that in as well, but not drywall yet.  You can also see that he took down my uppers.  I still have the use of my sink, my dish washer, and my range.
Here is what the kitchen looks like.  Jer has framed in the new window, the other skylight, done most of the wiring and all the can lights.  He's been a busy guy.  I'm so thankful he knows what he's doing.  We'd never be able to afford the kind of kitchen I'm getting if he couldn't do so much himself.
Not much has happened here, but really not that much is changing.  New window, new lights, floors, baseboards, and of course no more swirly ceiling texture.  Right now this is where we keep the Fridge.

The appliances arrived a couple days ago.  I haven't seen them yet because they're still in boxes.  I'm still working on the pendant lights, tile, what color to paint the cabinets.  So it hasn't changed all that much because the in the wall work is slow going.  Soon Jer will be patching up the drywall and the drywall guy will come in to texture the walls and ceiling.  I'll post more pictures when things change a little.  Still enjoying every minute, I know that sounds weird, nut after waiting so long to do this I still smile every time I walk through this mess.

Lisa

No comments: