Monday, March 2, 2009

Finally! Start of Day One

So I haven't written anything in the last several months because I've been busy on some projects, but I have one I'm going to be writing about.  For years we've been wanting to remodel the disco 70's house.  Actually the first time we saw the house and decided to buy it it was painfully obvious that this is a fixer upper.  It would need many hours of work to get it to look and feel like "our house."  We have worked on a few projects and even finished some projects.  We re-did the bar, the powder room, the fireplace, the yard, and half of the family room.  However the thing I've been after for coming up on 11 years now is the Kitchen area.  After getting close twice, this time it's really going to happen.  I'm thrilled!  Finally a range that works every time I turn it on, no more built in toasters or blenders!  My goal was to start on March first, which was yesterday.  But today is close enough for me.  I don't know that moving furniture actually counts as starting but to me it does.  Lets see what I can get done today!
These are two pictures of the current dining area, It won't change too much but this is the first area we'll be doing demo on.   So this is my first project.


 Today I will move the dining table and buffet into the toy room (which has the kids bewildered, why can't we move everything into Mom and Dads bedroom?).  Next I'll empty out my office, again into the toy room.  These are my projects for the next few days, as soon as I get them done we should be able to start demo on the floors and once the first tile goes there's no turning back.  So I'll be posting our progress and uploading pictures.  This will help me keep motivated to keep going.  

No comments: