Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jon's Wedding


Jon and his beautiful wife Kristin.  I am so glad I finally had a chance to meet her.  Jon's parents were thrilled.  Jon's mom, who by the way looks spectacular with her short hair, was especially going on and on about Kristin.  I'm so happy for them.  The reception was beautiful.  It was in the penthouse of the Fairmont in San Francisco.  Which gave me a great excuse to stay at an amazing hotel.  I loved that they had cupcakes instead of cake.  Being a mom of 3 girls I of course consider myself somewhat of a cupcake connoisseur.  Those were cute cupcakes!  I didn't get to spend much time with Jon catching up, he was doing a great job as host to all his guests.  But sometime very soon I hope to get a chance to catch up properly.


Barrette and Jon's wife Kristin after Barrette's toast.  It was so fun catching up with everyone! Barrette seems to be doing great.  He seems to have changed the least, possibly because he's not married...yet.  His girlfriend is so nice and seems perfect for him.  It's about time.  Maybe another wedding?  I know no pressure, right!  Not sure that I'd be invited to that one, but I've never been to a Jewish wedding, I bet that would be a blast! 

 I see everyone so infrequently now that it really surprises me how comfortable I feel around everyone still.  Just like family, you don't see them for awhile and they've changed, but not really.  This is Jeff, Chris and Mike.  Lookin' good boys!  Finally I'm not the only married one.  I didn't talk to Mike as much as I had wanted to, but he seems to be doing great.  Baby on the way!  Also a beautiful wife.  

Now Jeff I talked to alot, wife (completely pregnant) beautiful daughter Ruby, son on the way. So nice to see them.  I really enjoyed catching up with Jeff.  He seems very comfortable and happy in his role as family man and father.  I'm so happy for him.

Chris I talked to more towards the end of the night which I strangely don't remember nearly as much of.  Too many vodka and sodas perhaps?  But he was happy for his brother and appears in excellent spirits.  I think I may have briefly met his girlfriend.

Phu I didn't talk to at all, just mainly a hello and how ya doin'.  Another good excuse to take a trip up north.

By the way, giant props to the pregnant wives, for making the trips and letting your husbands have a great time.  I remember those days, which are thankfully behind me, it's not really ever fun to be pregnant.  But to go to parties is kind of a drag.  

Lastly, I was so nervous to see everyone.  Thinking I had gotten too fat and frumpy. Or the lack of brain exercise had fatigued me to a point of conversational dullness.  But the minute I stepped off the elevator I felt like I was home in Modesto, hanging out with the guys.  Thanks everyone I had a amazing night.


No comments: